We are looking for volunteers to support our Education team here at Oak Tree to help us reach out to the local community. We will be focusing on topics such as responsible pet ownership, the benefits of neutering, realistic commitments of owning a pet and safety around dogs.
You will be attending educational events and workshops on an ongoing basis, particularly during school holidays as well as assisting with preparation for the events during office hours. This is a flexible role with a variable commitment depending on the specific events you will be attending.
What does the role involve?
- Supporting the Education Officer at local schools, community groups and events on site.
- Running workshops for children ateducational events.
- Arranging bookings to visit groups and developing contacts.
- Carrying out educational awareness stalls within the local community
- Assisting with the development of educational materials and light admin duties.
- Some driving duties to support the Community Team.
Make a difference!
The Education Team is in its infancy, andwe are looking for volunteers to help build it up in order to educate the local community on important issues surrounding pet ownership and offering a better understanding of our furry friends. New ideas on ways to reach the local community would be welcome.
Skills and Experience
- Friendly and approachable personality with the ability to engage well with a variety of age groups.
- A background in the education sector would be beneficial but not essential.
- Able to work well as a part of a team but also independently.
- The confidence to speak to a group of adults or children, following training
- Your own friendly, sociable dog who we could assess with a view to bringing them on educational visits (not essential)
- Full UK driving license(not essential, but must be able to travel to Oak Tree).