Fundraising Events Volunteer
We are looking for people to join our fantastic Events Volunteer Team! The purpose of this role is to provide vital support to our core team, by attending our various events, both onsite and off, helping promote our work and raising much needed funds for the charity.
There are numerous ways you can help by volunteering at our events! We have a great program of annual events which include our three main seasonal Fair Days, Fright Night and Bioblitz and we also host regular supermarket bucket collections and quiz nights – all of which we would benefit hugely from having additional regular support from volunteers.
Tasks may include:
- Managing a mini fundraising activity e.g. a tombola
- Holding a collection bucket and interacting with the public
- Hosting a children’s activity at one of our Fairs
- Selling seasonal Grand Draw Tickets
- Promotion of our Lottery and Animal Sponsorship schemes
- Promotion of other upcoming fundraising events and activities
- Encouraging ‘Opt Ins’ when people show an interest in our work
- Handing out newsletters to people who wish to learn more about our work
- Helping with car parking at large-scale events
- Supporting the set up / pack down team
Please note, you would not be expected to do all of the above! After a successful interview, we would decide together which areas you would be best suited to.
What attributes are we looking for?
- Strong interest in animal welfare, along with an understanding of animals within the rescue environment
- Ability to take instruction, as well as good verbal communication skills
- Happy to work alone or with a team
- Confident handling cash
- Must be over 16 years old
- Comfortable working in an outdoor environment
- Own transport is essential due to our location – we are currently not in a position to offer transport.
Please note, whilst you will be situated near other Oak Tree team members taking part in the Jumble Sale, you will, initially at least, be hosting the Fundraising Stall alone.
Training and support will be provided for this role as appropriate.
Shifts vary: Our Bucket Collections tend to be on a Friday (shifts approx. 1 hour, or for as long as you’d like to do) but other days are being considered. Our three main Fair Days are on Saturdays (shifts are between 9.30am – 3.30pm – you could do a morning or afternoon, or all day!) and Quizzes tend to be on Thursday evenings (shifts approx. 7.00 – 10.00pm), however this is also subject to change. Please be aware many of the event volunteer tasks will take place outside.
If you have any questions regarding this volunteer role, please contact Angel Hawkins - firstname.lastname@example.org