- Status - Available
- Breed - SBT x bulldog
- Sex - Male
- Age - 7 years (approx)
- Neutered - Yes
- Vaccinated - Yes
More about Me
PLEASE READ ALL OF DOUGIES INFORMATION TO ENSURE YOU CAN MEET HIS REHOMING NEEDS.
Unfortunately due to lockdown we are currently unable to do any viewings. As Dougie will require multiple visits he will not be able to be rehomed until restrictions are eased but we are happy to take enquiries in the meantime.
Dougie is a big, handsome charmer with lots of potential but needs a special home to allow his qualities to grow and shine through. He has oodles of personality, affection and a real desire to learn but left to his own devices can be a bit of a handful!
Dougie is looking for owners who are up for a bit of a challenge, and who can work with his individual needs to allow his confidence and life skills to flourish.
He likes to take things slowly when meeting new people but once you are in his gang he is a big smooshy bear that loves a cudddle and belly rub. Although he may look like a tough lad he is really a sensitive soul and finds busy places very scary. Dougie is an incredibily smart dog who thrives on training and having a job to do. He has taken amazingly well to scent work which has helped to improve his focus and confidence in new places or when meeting new people.
Although he is a big softie at heart he is physically very strong and fast so needs someone who is able to keep up with him.
Dougie is a very special lad who in the right home will make a wonderful companion for adventures and cuddles.
- Owners who have plenty of time to provide lots of stimulation but can also help him to enjoy calm and quiet moments too
- Someone who has expereince of training dogs with challenging behaviours using positive reinforcement techniques
- Someone who can laugh and have fun with Dougie, but who can also be as gentle and sensitive as he is too
- A secure garden where Doug can feel safe and practice his life skills
- A quiter neighbourhood as Dougie is easily overwhelmed in busy areas
- A child and cat free home
- A home that is able to offer a stable and calm environment
- Dougie could potentially live with a suitabily matched dog
Want to find out more about Dougie?
Please call 01228 560082 between 10.00am and 4.00pm, to speak with a member of our Small Animal Team.
WE HAVE MORE DOGS IN NEED
On average, we have 400 animals come into our shelter every year. Please take a look at some of our dogs looking for loving homes and see if you can find a friend for life. Where appropriate, all of our animals are vaccinated, microchipped and neutered. We also give each animal a behavioural assessment to identify their needs and help you find your perfect companion.