- Status - Adopted
- Breed - Collie
- Sex - Male
- Age - 8 years (approx)
- Neutered - Yes
- Vaccinated - Yes
More about Me
Everyone meet Maximus! This big lad may be 8 years old but he is still a puppy at heart. He has a great sense of humour and a very charismatic personality. Max loves to explore new places and enjoys long walks. He also enjoys sitting next to you having a relaxing massage.
Max has a generally calm demeanour but when he gets excited he has a few challenging behaviours, so here is a list of things that we think will suit him in his new home:
- Max will need an experienced owner who will come in a few times to meet him and build up a rapport with him. They will need to be patient and be prepared to continue his training.
- Max will benefit from a quiet RURAL home without too many external distractions as he can get over excited in certain situations. He needs a calm and consistent approach at all times.
- Max gets great enjoyment out of going for walks in rural areas so will need a fit and active owner who can meet this need.
- Max is not very dog friendly so would prefer a home with no other pets.
- Max will need a secure and spacious garden that he can safely spend time in.
- Max was crated for long periods in his previous home. We do not feel this is beneficial for Max. However, we MAY consider a home that makes use of an external, spacious kennel area for times when Max is left alone.
WE WOULD CONSIDER A SHORT TERM FOSTER HOME FOR MAX, SO LONG AS THE FOSTERER IS VERY EXPERIENCED AND CAN MEET ALL THE CRITERIA LISTED ABOVE.
WE HAVE MORE DOGS IN NEED
On average, we have 400 animals come into our shelter every year. Please take a look at some of our dogs looking for loving homes and see if you can find a friend for life. Where appropriate, all of our animals are vaccinated, microchipped and neutered. We also give each animal a behavioural assessment to identify their needs and help you find your perfect companion.