- Status - Available
- Breed - Collie/Hound/Spaniel X
- Sex - Female
- Neutered - Yes
- Vaccinated - Yes
More about Me
Can Live with Another Dog
Mya is a 6 month old female crossbreed (possibly Collie/Hound/Spaniel in her breeding). She is a friendly, funny, inquisitive, very lively and exuberant puppy.
Mya will need the right home in order to meet her needs. She is dog friendly so could live with another friendly dog who would help to show her the ropes.
Please read the following to see if you may be the right home for Mya:
- Mya needs a home where there is someone around most or all of the time, as she suffers from separation anxiety. This is something that can be worked on gradually but it will not improve overnight.
- Mya needs a home with people who have experience, time and patience with young dogs as she is a very typical puppy. She loves to chew things and still needs to be house trained.
- Mya is a friendly dog and could be around children, but the fact that she needs a lot of input in terms of training, we will preferably be looking for an adult home (or possibly with older teenage children) that has plenty of time to concentrate on her needs. She would be fine with visiting children to her home.
- Mya needs a securely fenced, spacious garden with no gaps that she could get out of. She is currently too young to jump very high, but as she grows, she may become more adept at jumping, so fencing 5 foot + would be preferred.
- Mya is a very lively dog and needs an active home with lots of mental and physical stimulation. When she is older, she may be a good candidate for canicross or agility, or just as a running or trekking companion.
- Mya may be best suited to a home with plenty of outdoor activities, possibly a small holding or with an owner who has horses.
- Mya may benefit from living with a friendly, well behaved dog, who would be a positive guiding influence on her.
Want to find out more about Mya?
Please call 01228 560082 between 11:00am and 4:00pm (Wednesday - Sunday). To speak with a member of our Small Animal Team, please use extension 225; for the Community Team (Home-2-Home), please use extension 230.
WE HAVE MORE DOGS IN NEED
On average, we have 400 animals come into our shelter every year. Please take a look at some of our dogs looking for loving homes and see if you can find a friend for life. Where appropriate, all of our animals are vaccinated, microchipped and neutered. We also give each animal a behavioural assessment to identify their needs and help you find your perfect companion.