Let’s Talk Dogs and Cats
14th February 2020
This week Becky from our Community Team hosted two advice drop in sessions at Harraby and Morton Op shops in Carlisle.
These sessions allow pet owners the opportunity to speak with our team who are in need of pet support or advice.
This week conversations with pet owners varied from:
· Treating your pet for flea and worms
· When to seek professional veterinary advice
· Adopting a dog or cat from Oak Tree
· Responsible sourcing and how to avoid puppy farms
· Veterinary financial advice for pet owners struggling financially
· and finally, the grief pet owners feel when then have to relinquish a pet.
Our outreach work provides us with an insight as to what support is required moving forward in Cumbria for pet owners.
By working in a variety of locations, we become more accessible to those seeking our services.
A big thank you goes out to the Carlisle Op Shops for allowing us to work from their venues.
We look forward to the next “Let’s Talk Dogs and Cats” event.