This volunteer role is to provide vital support to our Equine team to ensure the best care is given to all our horses and ponies. The role also ensures that stables and paddocks are maintained regularly for our Equine.
- Cleaning and pricing in the Tack shack
- Cleaning tack and equipment
- Grooming of equine (horses, ponies and goats)
- Poo picking paddocks and stables
- Mucking out stables.
- Filling hay nets
- Following health and safety guidelines
- General stable maintenance (weeding, gardening, cleaning)
- Assisting our rehoming team with other Equine duties.
What attributes are we looking for?
- Ability to take instruction, as well as good verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Reasonably fit and active
- Experience of caring for horses or ponies.
- Happy to work alone or with the team
- Enjoys working outside (in the winter)
- Confidence to be in a stable alone with equine.
Own transport is beneficial due to our location – we are currently not in a position to offer transport.
Training and support will be provided for this role as appropriate.
Shifts are 1 shift per week 8am-1pm
If you have any questions regarding this volunteer role please contact Angel Hawkins at email@example.com