Welcome to Oak Tree Animals' Charity
- Sat, 11th April 2020 (11.00am - 4.00pm)NOW ONLINE - Easter Dogs Day Out
- Sat, 11th April 2020ENTER NOW - Online Dog Show!
- Fri, 17th April 2020 (4.00pm - 5.00pm)CANCELLED - Animal Champions
- Fri, 8th May 2020 (11.00am - 4.00pm)CANCELLED - Bioblitz
- Sat, 20th June 2020 (12.00pm - 6.00pm)Dog Fell Fest
- Sat, 11th July 2020 (11.00am - 4.00pm)Summer Fair
- Mon, 31st August 2020Canine Residents Reunion 2020
- Sat, 12th September 2020Hammonds Pond Dog Event
- Sun, 4th October 2020Challenge for Animals!
- Fri, 30th October 2020 (5.00pm)Fright Night
- Sat, 5th December 2020 (11.00am - 4.00pm)Christmas Fair
Coronavirus Update & Road Closure
With the developing coronavirus situation changing daily we want to reassure our visitors and service users that we are doing all we can to continue delivering our community animal support, and other services to a high standard whilst minimising potential health risks to our supporters, volunteers and staff.
The welfare of the animals in our care remains our top priority. Some of our services, such as training classes and school visits, will almost certainly be forced to transfer to an online format, but we are confident we can continue providing a high level of care and support to the community. For the foreseeable future we are also cancelling all our onsite events. We will, of course, monitor the situation and plan to provide frequent updates with regards to how we are adapting to this unprecedented situation. Please keep an eye on our website home and events pages and Facebook for the latest information from the Charity.
We need to keep generating income in order to help animals in need. With this in mind, we are currently discussing online alternatives to some of our events and services. We have an incredibly imaginative and determined team here at Oak Tree, so please watch this space for some innovative ways to keep supporting us and being involved with us in these uncertain times.
We currently have the following measures in place – these will be updated as and when the situation changes, so please refer back regularly:
- Following the recent directive from the UK Government regarding social distancing and the cessation of non-essential journeys, we are no longer able to conduct rehoming appointments or non-emergency intakes. We will reassess the situation in 3 weeks following the UK Government’s proposed review. Our team will still be on hand for advice where needed. In the meantime please continue to monitor our website for updates.
- Animals continue to be cared for on site and by a fantastic team of foster carers.
- Our site at Wetheral (including the Tearoom and all shops) are closed to the public. Carlisle and Keswick Shops are also closed. Thank you to you all for your loyal support and custom and we look forward to welcoming you again once the situation improves.
- We are of course still able to provide support and advice over the telephone or via email. Please call 01228 560082 Ext. 225 for any general enquires or email email@example.com . Please be patient - if you don't manage to get through on the telephone, please do email us at the address above and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. Don’t forget our website is packed full of information and more specific ways to contact different departments. Whatever your situation, please get in touch and explain your needs and we will do all we can to support you.
- If you are currently self-isolating and your pet requires veterinary care, please telephone your veterinary practice for the latest advice. It may be that they suggest that a friend or family member brings your pet to the practice.
According to the World Health Organisation, there is currently no evidence that companion animals can be infected with COVID-19, however regular hand washing is advisable, as always, when in contact with your pet.
Please do contact us if you have any concerns. We will continue to help local animals and their owners in need, wherever possible. Please bear with us – this is unprecedented territory for us all. We will update this information as the situation develops.
Thank you for your continued support.
Oak Tree Animals' Charity
Click here to find out more about our work ...