Join our Team
Thank you for your interest in working for the Oak Tree Animals’ Charity.
Casual - £11.84 p/h
Hours of work: 7.30am to 4.00pm
Oak Tree Animals’ Charity is looking for an Equine Casual Worker to provide occasional help to our Equine Team, as needed, to ensure the welfare of our horses, ponies and donkeys. The role will involve all typical yard duties including mucking out, grooming and moving ponies as required. Applicants should have experience working on a yard, and be physically fit and confident handling horses. We are unable to accept applications from persons under the age of 16.
- To work alongside other staff and volunteers allocated to the equine area as part of a team ensuring an efficient and well-run yard and the highest standards of horse and field animal welfare.
- To undertake daily care of all equines and field animals, ensuring appropriate feed, water and bedding, mucking out where required.
- To ensure high standards of cleanliness and presentation of all equine and field animal areas
- To ensure all interaction with equines takes place in a calm, considerate and reassuring manner providing positive reinforcement for desirable behaviours.
- Follow all safety guidelines, make appropriate use of all safety equipment provided, and take responsible steps to maintain your own health and safety and that of your colleagues and any visitors to the site.
- To liaise with the Equine Team Leader and undertake any other duties as directed.
To apply please submit your cover letter, application form and equal opportunities monitoring form detailing your suitability to HR Department, Oak Tree Animals’ Charity, Oak Tree Farm, Wetheral Shields, Carlisle, CA4 8JA or by email to email@example.com
Closing Date: 25th February 2024
Due to retirement, Oak Tree Animals’ Charity are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager with a recognised trade qualification to manage and maintain our facilities, fleet and equipment. This role is integral to the running of our busy animal charity to support our animals, visitors, staff and volunteers.
Leading a small team, comprising staff and volunteers, you will be responsible for small repairs, land and field management over our beautiful 72 acre site. You will plan and manage site developments and our fleet liaising with contractors and local suppliers as needed. You will have a strong understanding of Health and Safety compliance, reviewing and implementing risk assessments as well as budget management.
Strong communication skills are key as you will be central to the charity’s operations working closely with internal and external partners. You will be great at multi-tasking in a fast paced environment, comfortable working around animals and enjoy a busy, varied role where no two days are the same!
To apply please download our application form from https://www.oaktreeanimals.org.uk/about/join-our-team.html and email your completed form alongside your covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org