Join our Team
Thank you for your interest in working for the Oak Tree Animals’ Charity.
Oak Tree Animals’ Charity voted Best Place to Work in “Carlisle Living” magazine 2019
Oak Tree Animals have been caring for animals for over 100 years and whilst the care and dedication we show to animals has never changed, the way we deliver this care has. Volunteers are a central part of how we are structured and they support us in all areas from animal care to office administration to ground maintenance to tearoom to charity shop.
They give a most precious gift………..time.
To ensure that we are able to deploy, train and utilise our volunteers effectively we are seeking a Volunteer Co-ordinator. The successful candidate will ideally be from a charitable background used to recruiting volunteers and dealing with individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Communications both verbal and via IT are central to building and maintaining an effective volunteer network as is the self-confidence to present to diverse organisations to promote the Charity. We welcome applications from individuals who can demonstrate the ability to use initiative to solve problems and who have the self-confidence to work across all functions within the Charity and who can sell their proposals to us. A track record of delivering projects is an advantage.
You should possess a “can do” mind set where challenges are relished and problems exist to be solved. Your personality should encourage others to meet the challenge and want to become involved. This is a chance to make a difference.
The post is offered at a competitive salary with paid holidays, subsidised meals etc on a weekly total of 26 hours. The days and working pattern will be agreed at interview. However, since we operate on a seven day basis some weekend will be necessary to support our Fundraising Team at events and, of course, to recruit volunteers.
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 26th October, 2019.
Oak Tree Animals’ Charity voted best place to work in the 2019 “Carlisle Living” magazine
To support our Seven Day Opening we are seeking to recruit a Receptionist. The working pattern will entail 2 shifts of 8 hours and will include some weekends and Bank Holiday working according to working rotas. The hourly rate is £8.21 per hour and benefits such as paid holidays, discounted meals etc are included.
Following training the duties will include;
- Opening and closing the Charity visitor areas, dealing with personal, telephone and IT based enquiries. Liaison with visitors including the general public, sales staff, and community based groups, and supporting both volunteers and trustees.
- The management of Equine and Small Animal appointments and dealing with the administration of rehoming issues and community based initiatives.
- Maintaining accurate records and files.
- Working across a range of functions together with booking appointments for the Equine and Small Animals Teams.
- Preparing forms and files prior to rehoming visits. Ensuring that post rehoming checks are undertaken.
- To assist in reconciling visitors against the Visitor’s Book during real or practice emergencies.
Applicants must be confident in dealing with animals and must have well developed interpersonal skills.
This post would be ideal for an experienced Receptionist with knowledge of Office IT systems and experience in a “busy front of house” environment.
The closing date for applicants is 26th October, 2019.
To apply please submit a covering letter and CV to; email@example.com