What We Do
We understand the value of the bond between owners and animals. Our Community Team work to provide options to keep pets in loving homes wherever possible and appropriate, providing welfare friendly alternatives to rehoming.
Our Community Team are experts in their field and passionate about animal welfare and pet ownership. In line with Oak Tree's values, we are non-judgemental, look to find solutions to problems and aim to be approachable for anyone who needs us.
We believe in being proactive, trying to prevent animal welfare issues arising and relationships between owners and animals breaking down. The Community Team work throughout our community to provide practical animal welfare support, education and advice.
A big thank you!
We would like to say a huge thank you to those who regularly assist us without whom, our work would not be possible:
- Our fantastic partnered veterinary practices: Eden Vets, Paragon Veterinary Group, Capontree Vets, Coomara Vets and The Green Veterinary Surgery.
- The organisations who work alongside us, including Carlisle Foodbank, Carlisle Key, Carlisle City Council, Restore Morton, Loreburn,
- Eden and Riverside Housing.
- Our foster carers who work around the clock to care for animals in need.
- Our amazing supporters who provide the funds who allow us to make a difference.
We are here to help!
Our team can help with...
- Neutering, to limit further reproduction, so that owners are not overwhelmed with pets in numbers with which they cannot cope.
- Solving minor behavioural and training issues.
- Supporting feral and farm cats, with our Trap Neuter and Return Programme.
- Veterinary advice, MOT checks and support.
- Support by referral for those who need foodbank support, who are homeless or fleeing domestic violence.
- Nutrition and exercise advice for your pet.
- Support for professionals and training opportunities.
- Other pet and animal husbandry and welfare advice.
- Educating the future generation of pet owners.
Please explore our community pages for more information about our work or email email@example.com