This volunteer role is to provide vital support to our team, helping with the collection and delivery of furniture, stock and donations for our Cumbrian charity shops.
- Helping the van driver to safely load and unload furniture and other goods from the van i.e. manual handling/lifting.
- Helping the van driver to transfer furniture and other goods between the van and our shops and customer’s/donor’s homes. i.e. manual handling/lifting.
- Travelling as passenger between our Charity shops and customer’s/donor’s homes to facilitate collections and deliveries
- Maintaining excellent customer service at all times and being an ambassador for the charity, especially when visiting customer/donor homes.
What attributes are we looking for?
- Strong interest in animal welfare, along with an understanding of animals within the rescue environment
- Ability to follow instruction
- Good verbal communication skills
- Reasonably fit and active
- Polite and happy to be the face of Oak Tree Animals' Charity when working with the public
- Own transport is beneficial due to our location – we are currently not in a position to offer transport
Full training will be given for this role as well as full ongoing support
If you have any questions regarding this volunteer role.
Please contact Angel Hawkins via email:-email@example.com