Work Experience (For Students)
This volunteer role is to provide vital support in a variety of departments; particularly small animals, equine and community teams.
Short term (one month) and longer term (three months) opportunities are available but students must be competent with animals and have the ability to handle large and strong animals. The days can be long – particularly for the equine role – where you may commence your day at 7.30am and finish at 4.00pm.
Tasks will vary depending on where your experience is undertaken but will include the following:
- Cleaning – cat pens, TNR equipment, kennels, storage areas, stables and vehicles
- General cleaning around the departments / site; including weeding and maintenance tasks
- Interacting with the animals and walking dogs
- Lead and groom horses (dependent on experience)
- Administrative tasks – printing, shredding and laminating; organizing AHP resources
What attributes are we looking for?
- Strong interest in animal welfare, along with an understanding of animals within the rescue environment.
- Ability to take instruction, as well as good verbal communication skills.
- Must be over 16 years old – cattery, equine and Community; over 18 years old to assist in the kennels.
- Happy to work alone or as part of a team.
- Physically fit to undertake manual tasks.
- Own transport is beneficial due to locations – we are currently not in a position to offer transport.
- Support and training will be provided for this role as appropriate.
Shifts: will vary but as a minimum students must be prepared to undertake at least one full day per week (eight hours) minimum.
If you have any questions, please contact Angel Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org