If you run a letting agency in the Carlisle area, sign up to Oak Tree Animals' Charity Pets in Rentals (PiR) Scheme today!
As your local independent animal charity, Oak Tree understands the pet issues within our community. We receive many animals into our care every year who have been given up by loving owners because their rental property does not allow pets. Many of these owners are heartbroken at having to give up their pets, but are faced with a stark choice when needing a roof over their family's heads.
Carlisle has the highest proportion of 'no pets allowed' properties in the UK at 68%, while other areas have just 3% (see the results of the Lets for Pets Study here). We can work together to change this, all we need is your support.
The potential benefits to your agency of signing up to this scheme are huge:
- Increase the number of potential tenants applying for your properties; in our area 27% of households have dogs and 16% have cats (statista.com).
- You will receive our letting agents' pack containing everything you need to make your agency pet friendly, including a letter to encourage landlords to rent properties as pet friendly, a Sample Pet Agreement (draft contract), a 'Pet CV', an Application to Keep a Pet form and helpful tips to support your agency in becoming pet friendly.
- Oak Tree will promote your agency as being pet friendly, add you to our PiR scheme, link to your website and you can link to ours.
- Further promote your PiR status through social media #PetsinRentals and press release in local newspapers.
- You will receive a Pets in Rentals poster to display in your agency.