Adopting a Cat
We are now able to process people looking for animals who have not already registered with us. However, due to on-going staff shortages, we will be asking everyone to follow these guidelines:
- See if there is a cat below that you like and matches your rehoming needs; each profile will have a list of the animal's rehoming requirements
- If there is a cat that you like and that meets your needs, email email@example.com with your contact details and the cat you are interested in
- One of the Small Animal Team will then call you back to discuss the cat, go through our adoption questionnaire and explain our current rehoming process
- We will ask you to email photos of your ID, proof of address and if needed, landlords' permission that you are able to have pets
- With certain cats we will also ask for photos of the home and garden
- Adoption fees are still £60 for cats and we are able to sell you equipment you need such as litter trays and litter to save you waiting for internet deliveries, or braving the shops
- Once you have been matched to a cat, we will arrange to bring them to you with anything else you need. At delivery we will ensure that social distancing is in place
- For certain cats we will offer a foster to adopt where you can spend a few days getting to know the cat before officially adopting
- All adoption still come with 4 weeks free insurance with Petplan, vet histories, up to date vaccinations and flea and worm treatment
- We will be unable to register people who have not mentioned a specific animal from the website
Thank you for your patience and understanding at these unprecedented times.
We are incredibly grateful for all of the offers we have received over the last month to adopt or foster our dogs and cats. The generosity of the local community has been overwhelming.
On average, we have 400 animals come into our shelter every year.
Please take a look at our cats looking for loving homes and see if you can find a friend for life. Where appropriate, all of our animals are vaccinated, microchipped and neutered. We also give each animal a behavioural assessment to identify their needs and help you find your perfect companion.
Filter our Cats
All available animals are put on the website once they have been health checked and assessed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a specific animal you’ve viewed on the website and the team will get back to you as soon as they can.