Adopting a Cat
Due to the current pandemic we have changed our adoption process to reduce in person contact where possible. We no longer take walk-in appointments and, will only invite you to meet an animal once you have completed a telephone interview and we have identified a potential match for you.
- Have a look below to see if there is an animal that you like and matches your rehoming needs. Each profile will have a list of the animal’s rehoming requirements.
- If there is a cat that you like and that meets your needs, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and the name of the animal you are interested in. You can also phone reception on 01228560082 ext 225 and our receptionists will add you to our call back list. We will be unable to register people who have not mentioned a specific animal from the website.
- A member of the relevant team will contact you to discuss the animal, go through our adoption questionnaire and explain our current rehoming process.
- We will ask you to email photos of your ID, proof of address and if needed, your landlord’s permission to house pets in your property.
- With certain cats, we will also ask for photos of the home and garden.
- The charity requires a rehoming fee which helps us to continue caring for animals. The fee is currently £60 for a cat or kitten which goes a little way to offset the average of over £800 we spend on care, veterinary treatment and rehabilitating a cat. We hope you will agree that the fee represents huge value for money compared to external sources.
- We are able to sell you equipment you might need such as litter trays and litter and feed bowls to save you waiting for internet deliveries or braving the shops!
- Viewings are done on site, adhering to social distancing guidelines. Please bring a face mask/covering with you.
- Potential homes for some cats will require a physical home check by one of the Small Animal Team. Even if not required, we will need photos of your home and garden.
- All small animal adoptions still come with 4 weeks free insurance with Petplan, vet histories, up to date vaccinations and flea and worm treatment. We have recently been sponsored by Burns Pet food so all animals will come with a 2kg bag of dry food and a money off voucher for a further bag.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in these uncertain and unprecedented times.
What We Guarantee You
Every animal that comes in to us has had two veterinary checks during its stay and will have been behaviourally assessed before they are eligible for rehoming. They are also vaccinated, microchipped, given flea and worm control and neutered,
On average, we have 400 animals come into our shelter every year.
Please take a look at our cats looking for loving homes and see if you can find a friend for life. Where appropriate, all of our animals are vaccinated, microchipped and neutered. We also give each animal a behavioural assessment to identify their needs and help you find your perfect companion.
Filter our Cats
All available animals are put on the website once they have been health checked and assessed.
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in a specific animal you’ve viewed on the website and the team will get back to you as soon as they can.